One of our writers recently worked on this paper. They can work on yours tooORDER NOW
- DueMay 20 by 6:59pm
- Submittingan external tool
- Availableuntil May 21 at 6:59pm
Using a case from the text or a topic of your choice, you will write a term paper using the guidelines below. The purpose of this term paper assignment is to integrate concepts and theory learned from the course and apply them to real-life situations.
Before you start your assignment, please watch this youtube video (Links to an external site.) on Graduate Writing and Research at Webster University by Dr. Carolyn Brown, Assistant Director, Academic Resource Center.
Pick any ONE case from the textbook or any other topic you found from Webster Library’s article databases, internet search engines, or other resources. If you choose to NOT use the cases from the text, you MUST submit a summary of case to the instructor for approval no later than the end of Week Five. The requirements are as follows:
- Treat the case as if you are the Manager, or CEO of the company and summarize your findings/answers in a paper. Make sure to address all the questions in the case and clearly explain the concepts or analysis tools you use from your textbook to help you support your conclusions.
- Your paper must reference the textbook and at least three other references. The references could be scholarly/peer-reviewed articles or from other sources such as a company’s website, printed material, podcast etc.
- Your paper must follow the APA Style®(Links to an external site.) format and be at most 10 pages in length; excluding cover page, references, and appendices. Please refer to the format guidelines below.
Guidelines on the format of the term paper:
Each page of your paper MUST include the title of the paper and the page number. Use the header/footer function in Microsoft Word to insert the required information at the top right corner, starting with the title page as page 1.
Your paper MUST follow the APA guidelines and layout below, including types of headings, flow of information, and what content to include:
- Title Page(5 points)
- Abstract(5 points)
- Introduction(30 points)
Begin your paper with the introduction section which will talk about the following:
- Provides background information
- What is the thesis or main idea of the case study?
- What are the relevant key points about the organization or the case?
- Analysis(60 points)
The Analysis section answers the following questions:
- What is the situational analysis of the problem or issue? (A SWOT analysis is suggested here.)
- What are the causes/effects of the situation or problem?
- How can course concepts be applied to analyze of the situation?
- How will ethical issues be addressed if there are any?
- Recommendations/Discussion(60 points)
The Recommendations/Discussion section answers the following questions:
- How can the problem or issue be solved?
- What specific recommendations can be made for improving the situation?
- Using course learning’s, explain your rationale for these recommendations.
- How will these recommendations, if implemented, enhance organizational effectiveness?
- Are there any ethical issues you need to consider in your recommendations?
- References(20 points)
Per APA, start the “References” section on a new page after the last page of your last section of the paper. List your reference materials in alphabetical order by author’s last name .
In preparing References, consider the following:
- Have you used proper APA Style in your References section?
- Be sure you have given credit to the source of ALL borrowed information, whether quoted directly or paraphrased in your own words.
- See the following resources for additional information:
- OWL Purdue(Links to an external site.) – https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/purdue_owl.html
- OWL Purdue paper example(Links to an external site.) – https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/apa_sample_paper.html
- Appendix(if needed)
- If there are any additional supporting material such as tables/figures you want to include in the paper but don’t want them to be in the main body of the paper, please put them in the Appendix.
- APA StyleFormat (20 points)
In general, pay close attention to proper writing mechanics including concise and clear language use, grammar, spelling and proper sentence structure.
How will the assignment be assessed?
The following rubrics will be used to grade your paper.
Communications: The written component offers substantive and concise description and clarity in content, language use, grammar, organization, sentence structure, and supported by APA formatted references.
Critical Thinking: Provides reflection and applications of business concepts, analyzes, synthesizes and expresses the complexities in a given business problem, and gives consideration to alternative systems of thought and solutions where applicable.
Problem Solving: Analyses the underlying causes of the situation by collecting and assessing relevant information, evaluates possible courses of actions, and concludes and defends appropriate solutions and recommendations.
Ethics: Considers concepts of ethical dimensions to the examination of the business problem and analyzes and evaluates ethical issues in defending solutions and recommendations.
Integration: Integrates interrelationships of the business problem issues, ethics, diversity, and global aspects with analysis of the possible courses of actions and recommendations.
Submitting Your Paper:
The assignment is due no later than the last Friday of the term at 11:59 pm CT. ( – 20 points for papers submitted after the due date but before 11: 59pm CT on Saturday; no papers will be accepted after 11:59 pm CT on Saturday.)
You must use Microsoft Word for your paper’s file format and use this naming convention: lastname_casename.docx